Our campaign provides resources for you to deal with the unfolding coronavirus outbreak and our social and political response to it. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call or email.
Many people also want to help — see below resources for our “How Can I Help” section.
State and local governments should be providing immediate help to people in this crisis. Massachusetts should enact:
- A moratorium on all evictions (as Santa Monica has done), all foreclosures, and all utility cutoffs.
- Medicare for All (Spain has nationalized private hospitals in response).
- Pressure our national government to waive/delay student loan payments until this crisis is over.
As we’ve called through lists of voters to check in on everyone and provide people with resources, we’ve found that many people would like to help. Here are some of the ways you can help.
Help the homeless!
Donate or volunteer to help the homeless
Help your neighbors with mutual aid!
Sign up for MAMAS (Mutual Aid Medford And Somerville)
SNAP does not offer grocery delivery
Learn about SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
Sign the petition to get grocery delivery for our most vulnerable residents.
Paraprofessionals Living Wage Fight
Sign the petition to get our Paraprofessionals a living wage
Other important Coronavirus news updates
- Taxes not due April 15 — now postponed until July 15
- How we will beat this thing: The Hammer and the Dance